The undersigned, a current homeowner in the Town, wishes to participate in the Private Canopy Tree Maintenance Program. By participating, I understand and agree to the following:
- Program participants must be a homeowner in the Town.
- Maintenance work completed on private Canopy Trees is eligible for reimbursement. Maintenance work includes pruning and cabling of Canopy Trees. A Canopy Tree is defined hereunder as a tree with a trunk that measures at least twenty four (24) inches in circumference at four and one-half (41/2) feet above ground.
- The Program will reimburse a homeowner fifty percent (50%) of the costs associated with eligible tree maintenance activities, up to a maximum of $1,000 per homeowner.
- The maintenance must be performed by a Maryland licensed tree expert/arborist.
- If approved, the undersigned acknowledges that reimbursement may take up to eight (8) weeks from the date an invoice is submitted to the Town.
- In consideration for making the Private Tree Maintenance Program available and providing financial assistance thereunder, the undersigned hereby certifies and agrees that you (a) have read this document in its entirety, and (b) understand and agree that the Town will not be responsible for the work of your chosen contractor or the Town Consulting Arborist, and (c) agree to abide by all of the terms and agreements of the Program, and (d) hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Town and all of its officers, employees, contractors, and agents from all suits, actions, damages, and costs which may result from the work, or other information or opinions, provided by the contractor, or the Town Consulting Arborist, to the undersigned or the undersigned’s agents.